Inventory Unit Detail | KTM | Husqvarna Motorcycles | Arctic Cat | EZGO | Suzuki |
2012 KTM 990 Adventure R
*FULL LUGGAGE - LOCKING
AUXILIARY LIGHTS - SECONDARY SWITCH
UPGRADED TURN SIGNALS
AFTERMARKET BRAKE LIGHTS
OEM PLASTIC FUEL DISCONNECT
EASY ACCESS CHARGING CABLE LEADS - CHARGER INCLUDED
BIKE COVER - INCLUDED
NEW BATTERY - INSTALLED
UT Dealer # 5625 The Edge Power Sports and Performance LLC.
14301 South Minuteman Dr. (East frontage road)
All used/consignment machines are sold as is.
*Price does not include taxes and fee's. Most trades are welcomed as long as your machine isn't older than 10 years or held together with duct tape or JB weld.... Call for more details!!
How do you make the most capable travel adventure in the world for offroad use even sportier? KTM has the formula: Even more V2 power, a lower center of gravity, a tauter chassis setup and the 990 Adventure R becomes an even better nemesis to the superbikes, without relinquishing its fundamental tourer qualities. A maxi sports model for power travelers that cuts just as good a figure on a long trip as it does winding through the curves.
- Wind screen and large fuel tank: The large fairing on the Adventure R provides effective protection from the wind and weather and accommodates the clearly structured multifunction cockpit that supplies the rider with all essential information. The fuel tanks with a capacity of 19.5 l (20.6 qt.) ensure a long useful working range.
- Seating comfort: The Adventure R's totally offroad-style sports seat ensures suitable long-distance comfort for both rider and passenger, while also providing freedom of movement and crystal-clear feedback for a sportier pace. The large fuel tank surfaces ensure perfect leg contact for riding while standing up.
- Storage compartment, electric socket, center stand and engine guard: There are no shortage of details on the Adventure R that distinguish it as a genuine travel enduro — from the easy-to-use center stand, the lockable storage compartment between the tanks and the onboard electrical socket, to the robust engine guard and stable handguards.
- Frame and swingarm: The 990 Adventure R's tubular space frame made from thin-walled chrome-molybdenum steel tubing with a bolted-on, light alloy subframe only weighs 10.5 kg (23.1 lb.) yet it impresses with exemplary torsional stiffness. The long swingarm with conical profiles contributes plenty of mechanical grip.
- Telescopic fork: Thanks to multiple setting options, the upside-down telescopic fork and the directly connected shock absorber from WP Suspension allow optimum individual adjustment of the chassis to suit the respective operational use of the versatile Adventure.
- Brakes and wheels: More than adequate braking is ensured on the Adventure R by Brembo® brakes with the very finest components, such as two floating 300 mm (11.81 in) brake rotors. Stable wire-spoked wheels with knobbie tires guarantee full offroad potential.
- Engine: The Adventure R's water-cooled, 85 kW (114 hp) V-engine impresses with powerful acceleration, superb performance and spontaneous throttle response.
- Cylinder Head: Aside from optimum combustion chamber design, the major factors behind the outstanding performance of the 990 Adventure R's V-twin with 75° cylinder angle are the state-of-the-art four-valve cylinder heads, each with flow-optimized ports and two overhead camshafts.
- Crank Drive / Pistons: Particularly lightweight pistons and connecting rods bestow the 990 Adventure R's V2 engine with reduced reciprocating weight and hence a decidedly spontaneous responsiveness, underlining its extremely sporty engine characteristics.
- Engine Management: The electronic Keihin engine management system regulates the modern fuel injection system on the 990 Adventure R, focusing on smooth power under partial load or spontaneous responsiveness when needed. In this way, KTM engineers were able to harmonize raw power with optimum rideability.
- Design: 2-cylinder 4-stroke Otto motor, 75° V arrangement, water-cooled
- Displacement: 999 cm³ (60.96 cu in)
- Bore: 101 mm (3.98 in)
- Stroke: 62.4 mm (2.457 in)
- Performance: 84.5 kW (113.3 hp)
- Cold start device: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-gears, claw-shifted
- Engine lubrication: Dry sump lubrication system with two rotor pumps
- Primary transmission: 35:67
- Secondary drive ratio: 16:42
- Cooling: Water cooling, permanent circulation of coolant by water pump
- Clutch: Multidisc clutch in oil bath/hydraulically activated
- Ignition system: Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment
- Frame: Lattice frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing, powder-coated
- Fork: WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA PA
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension PDS 5018 DCC PA
- Suspension travel Front: 245 mm (9.65 in)
- Suspension travel Rear: 245 mm (9.65 in)
- Brake system Front: Double disk brake with floating brake calipers and brake discs
- Brake system Rear: Single disc brake with floating brake caliper and brake disc
- Brake system: Two separate brake circuits without ABS (antilock brake system)
- Brake discs - diameter Front: 300 mm (11.81 in)
- Brake discs - diameter Rear: 240 mm (9.45 in)
- Chain: 5/8 x 5/16” X-ring
- Steering head angle: 63.4°
- Wheelbase: 1,570 mm (61.81 in)
- Ground clearance, unloaded: 301 mm (11.85 in)
- Seat height, unloaded: 905 mm (35.63 in)
- Total fuel tank capacity, approx.: 20 l (5.3 US gal)
- Super unleaded (ROZ 95/RON 95/PON 91)
- Weight without fuel, approx.: 207 kg (456 lb.)
- Engine Type
- 2-cylinder 4-stroke Otto motor, 75 deg. V arrangement, water-cooled
- 999 cc (60.96 cu.in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.98 in. (101 mm) x 2.457 in. (62.4 mm)
- Water cooling, permanent circulation of coolant by water pump
- Contactless controlled fully electronic ignition with digital ignition adjustment
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension Up Side Down 4860 MXMA PA; 9.65 in. (245 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension
- WP Suspension PDS 5018 DCC PA; 9.65 in. (245 mm) travel
- Front Brakes
- Double disk brake with floating brake calipers and brake discs; 11.81 in. (300 mm)
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake with floating brake caliper and brake disc; 9.45 in. (240 mm)
- 61.81 in. (1,570 mm)
- Seat Height
- 35.63 in. (905 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal. (20 L)
- Dry Weight
- 456 lb. (207 kg)
- Final Drive
- 5/8 x 5/16 in. X-ring chain