Inventory Unit Detail | KTM | Husqvarna Motorcycles | Arctic Cat | EZGO | Suzuki |
2015 KTM 85 SX
UT Dealer # 5625 The Edge Power Sports and Performance LLC.
14301 South Minuteman Dr. (East frontage road)
All used/consignment machines are sold as is.
*Price does not include taxes and fee's.
Most trades are welcomed as long as your machine isn't older than 10 years or held together with duct tape or JB weld.... Call for more details!!
We do accept quality trade-ins!
In the junior class from 11 to 15 years of age, there are no longer any beginners pootling around. This is where future champions fight for victory, whether it be in the Junior WC or a regional championship. The 85 SX is regarded as a winning bike in this scene. With the most powerful engine in the field and an ultra-light, sturdy chassis, it has nothing to fear from any full-size bike.
- Frame: The frame made of high quality, chrome-molybdenum steel with a lightweight aluminum rear end guarantees maximum stability at a minimum weight. Its hardwearing plastic coating is still in a classy anthracite metallic.
- Graphics: The revamped, cool graphic design provides the bike with a striking new appearance.
- Bodywork: The bodywork is designed ergonomically and functionally in such a way that the motorcycle is in perfect harmony with the rider.
- Handlebar: The 85 SX is equipped with an extremely sturdy, tapered Renthal handlebar made from high-grade aluminum alloy, which features an offset specially designed to meet the demands of motocross.
- Crankshaft: Thanks to the optimally dimensioned connecting rod, the crankshaft excels with minimum vibration and maximum durability.
- Engine: State-of-the-art 2-stroke technology in conjunction with a precise 6-speed transmission and a hydraulic clutch provide the basis for the superiority of the 85 SX in all junior race series.
- Cylinders: The compact cylinder with 47 mm bore ensures that the 85 SX achieves peerless performance thanks to the ports dimensioned for optimum gas flow and the centrifugally-controlled exhaust valve. A reworked rear transfer port guarantees even better durability.
- Airbox: What's good for the bigger KTM offroad bikes is good for the 85 SX: air filter replacement without tools in a matter of seconds.
- Cooling: Constant temperature control and hence consistently high performance are ensured by an intelligent cooling circuit with integrated crankcase cooling and two radiators.
- Clutch: The 85 SX engine is equipped with a modern, hydraulic clutch actuation system from FORMULA, which guarantees smooth and very precise clutch control.
- Wheels: The wheels are fitted with lightweight, CNC-machined hubs and high-end Excel rims, plus black-coated spokes with lightweight aluminum nipples, guaranteeing highest levels of stability while keeping weight to a minimum. The 85 SX is now equipped with the very latest generation tire from MAXXIS, featuring a profile that guarantees optimum grip on every surface.
- Brakes: The greater the power, the more important the brakes. Here the products from brake specialist FORMULA live up to all the expectations of young racers. Together with the lightweight wave brake discs (220/210 mm f/r), the proven, radially mounted brake calipers (4 pistons at the front, 2 at the rear) set the benchmark in terms of application and brake performance.
- Chassis: The proven 43 mm upside-down fork with 270 mm of suspension travel and the PDS shock absorber ensure optimum traction and suspension comfort on the KTM 85 SX. Rebound and compression damping can be adapted individually to track and rider in no time at all.
- Swingarm: As before, the newly developed swingarm is manufactured from lightweight aluminum in the form of a single casting. The very latest calculation methods have allowed weight to be reduced by 500 grams. Furthermore, newly designed chain links and brake-hose brackets plus the proven chainguide from the full-size SX models have been employed.
- Design: 1-cylinder 2-stroke engine, water-cooled, with reed intake and exhaust control
- Displacement: 84.93 cm³
- Bore: 47 mm
- Stroke: 48.95 mm
- Starting aid: Kick starter
- Transmission: 6-gear, claw shifted
- Engine lubrication: Mixture oil lubrication
- Primary transmission: 19:66 straight cut spur gear
- Secondary ratio: 14:46
- Cooling: Water-cooled
- Clutch: Multidisc clutch in oil bath/hydraulically activated
- Ignition: Moric Digital 2M1
- Frame: Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing
- Fork: WP Suspension 4357 MXMA
- Shock absorber: WP Suspension PDS 4618 BAVP DCC
- Suspension travel Front: 270 mm
- Suspension travel Rear: 300 mm
- Brake system Front: Disc brake with four-pot brake caliper
- Brake system Rear: Disc brake with two-pot brake caliper
- Brake discs - diameter front: 220 mm
- Brake discs - diameter rear: 210 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 5/16 in.
- Steering head angle: 66 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1,290±10 mm
- Ground clearance, unloaded: 352 mm
- Seat height, unloaded: 855 mm
- Fuel tank capacity, approx.: 5.0 L - Unleaded premium fuel (98 octane), mixed with 2-stroke engine oil (1:40)
- Weight without fuel, approx.: 675 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder 2-stroke engine, water-cooled, with reed intake and exhaust control
- 84.93 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 47 mm x 48.95 mm
- Moric Digital 2M1
- Front Suspension
- WP Suspension 4357 MXMA
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake with four-pot brake caliper
- Rear Suspension
- WP Suspension PDS 4618 BAVP DCC
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake with two-pot brake caliper
- Dry Weight
- 675 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.0 L
- 1,290±10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 352 mm
- Seat Height
- 855 mm
- 6 gear, claw shifted
- Final Drive
- 1/2 x 5/16 in. chain