Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Yamaha YZ250X
Yamaha’s changes to the YZ250X engine are perfect. In fact, after months of riding motocross and a lot of off-road aboard the X, we prefer this engine set up to the standard YZ250 motocross version. The delivery is much smoother and makes awesome traction, all while offering up a little more power in the upper rpms. The YZ250X engine also revs an extra 500 rpm more than the YZ250, letting the rider carry each gear a little further before shifting.
UT Dealer # 5625 The Edge Power Sports and Performance LLC.
14301 South Minuteman Dr. (East frontage road)
All used/consignment machines are sold as is.
*Price does not include taxes and fee's.
Most trades are welcomed as long as your machine isn't older than 10 years or held together with duct tape or JB weld.... Call for more details!!
The All New Ultimate 2-Stroke Off Road Machine
The YZ250X provides the serious GNCC and Enduro racer Yamaha 2-stroke performance in a lightweight, off-road package.
- Stunning Two-Stroke Power, Tuned for Cross-Country and Hare Scrambles Racing: All new for 2016: optimized for the unique demands of Hare Scrambles and GNCC® racing. The YPVS™-equipped 249cc two-stroke engine is combined with a wide-ratio five-speed transmission for the ultimate Cross-Country power plant.
- Motocross-Derived Aluminum Frame: Ultra lightweight YZ250-spec frame features carefully engineered combination of aluminum castings, forgings and extrusions for the perfect balance of rigidity and flex, with industry-leading fully adjustable, KYB® speed sensitive spring-type suspension tested and tuned specifically for the needs of cross-country racers.
- Racing Style and Ergonomics: Aggressive bodywork carries the racing heritage of the latest YZ250 motocrosser with updated styling from front fender to the rear brake protector, and is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum tapered handlebar, YZ-F-style foot pegs, gripper seat, and off-road specific Dunlop® tires.
- GNCC-Specific features: 18-inch rear wheel, sealed O-ring chain, wide ratio transmission, narrow expansion chamber, off-road focused tires and suspension settings, a standard side stand and fuel tank petcock with reserve position.
- GNCC-Tuned YZ250 Power: Legendary YZ250 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine a new compression ratio, new exhaust port timing, new Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS), and a new model-specific CDI unit – all focused on making a wide, controllable power character ideal for cross-country racing.
- Revised Power Valve: Patented Yamaha Power Valve System - now with broader opening timing for even smoother power - combines bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
- Compact Exhaust Pipe: New exhaust expansion chamber is designed especially for the new YZ250X, and is narrower both horizontally and vertically, while still providing excellent exhaust efficiency.
- Advanced Carburetor: 38mm Keihin® PWK carburetor with throttle position sensor provides precise fuel/air mixing and crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
- Racing Intake System: Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
- Wide-Ratio Gearing: Smooth-shifting, five-speed, wide-ratio transmission ensures proper gearing from tight woods sections to wide-open fire roads. A new clutch push lever reduces effort to minimize fatigue, too.
- YZ250 Cooling System: Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Updated Digital Ignition: Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband, specifically tuned for the needs of the new YZ250X.
- Motocross-Style Controls: Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on the fly adjustability.
- Proven Braking Performance: YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and a large 270mm wave-style front and wave style rear disc minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
- YZ250-Based Frame: A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ250X the famous handling proven by the championship winning YZ250 motocross machine on tracks around the world.
- Lightweight Subframe: Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- Industry-Leading KYB® Fork: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride, with minimal wasted stroke or abrupt shocks for the rider – all tuned for the demands of cross-country racing.
- Smooth KYB® Shock: Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort, control and fantastic rear wheel traction.
- Enduro-Specific Wheels and Tires: Cross-country-spec Dunlop® Geomax AT81 tires front and rear are ready to head straight to the races. An 18-inch rear tire has a taller sidewall to improve comfort and reduce pinch flats.
- Cross-Country Ergonomics: A racy "gripper" type seat and narrow fuel tank combine with a tapered aluminum handlebar and adjustable mounts to create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Cross-Country Features: Off-road focused tires with an 18” rear wheel, wide-ratio gearing, a standard side stand, sealed O-ring chain and a reserve fuel petcock.
- Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 66.4mm × 72.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 7.9~9.4:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK38S
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant mesh 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® Monoshock; fully adjustable, 12.4-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Tires / Rear: 110/100-18 Dunlop® AT81
- L x W x H: 86.0 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.8 in.
- Seat Height: 38.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.5 in.
- Ground Clearance: 14.2 in.
- Wet Weight: 229 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 249cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.4mm × 72.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK38S
- Front Suspension
- KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
- Front Tire
- 90/90-21 Dunlop® AT81F
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® Monoshock; fully adjustable, 12.4-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/100-18 Dunlop® AT81
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 229 lb.
- 58.5 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 14.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 38.2 in.
- Constant mesh 5-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)