Inventory Unit Detail | KTM | Husqvarna Motorcycles | Arctic Cat | EZGO | Suzuki |
2018 Alta Motors REDSHIFT MXR
Designed to compete with a modern 350, the MXR comes equipped with 50 HP and more torque than its predecessors. The 2018 MXR Performance Maps allow the Redshift to be just as capable as a novice trail and woods bike as it is a professional MX2/Lites class motocrosser. The MXR requires no air filters, oil changes, or top end rebuilds, so you can spend less time wrenching on your bike and more time riding. Join the growing number of people that believe this is one of the most fun motorcycles ever built.
- Eco: A traction map that offers the best range profile. Also a great map for just starting out.
- Sport: Performance profile engineered to line up with 250f race machinery.
- Performance: Similar traits as the Sport map but with more bottom end and traction - it also makes a great starting gate map
- Overclocked: Maximum torque and power are available without restriction - if you have the skill to control it. Thermal limiting will protect the machine if you push too hard.
- The R5.8 Pack: The 2018 MXR takes riding to the next level with our upgraded R5.8 Battery Pack. Alta's new R-Pack demonstrates uncompromising commitment to super-dense battery systems for high-performance electric motorcycles. The R-Pack takes advantage of state-of-the-art cell chemistry delivering extended full-power range at cooler operating temperatures. The R-Pack sets Alta apart from the rest, delivering the most exciting motorcycle experience available off-road or in the city.
- The Motor: Alta's liquid-cooled 14,000 RPM motor is pound for pound one of the most powerful in motorsports. It is optimized to the narrow width of the Redshift's bulkhead and is precisely located at the roll center of the bike. This placement coupled with a very low counter-rotational mass allows for the lowest polar moment of inertia in motorcycling - drastically minimizing any gyroscopic impediment to handling. The Redshift's motor weighs 15lbs and puts out 50 HP at the countershaft and pushes power through a 3.5:1 gear reduction to deliver 42 lb-ft of torque at the motorfrom a dead stop at 0 RPM.
- Redshift Bulkhead: The Redshift Bulkhead—the chassis core—functions as the outer motor casing, and the cooling circuit for the motor and inverter, as well as the transmission case for the gear reduction. Additionally, it is the main structural hub, connecting to the rear suspension, the airframe, the forged chassis, and the trellis skidframe. All of this integration is coordinated with very specific strength, weight, and stiffness goals to produce the best-handling motocrosser ever made.
- Since 1973 Acerbis has been producing high-quality plastic bodywork and the company has worked with everyone from legends like Preston Petty to OEM manufacturers such as Yamaha. We're proud to partner with them to ensure that the Redshift's bodywork meets our world-class standards in durability, quality, fit and finish.
- WP is a proven performer across every discipline of off road racing from amateur to international venues. Alta selected the WP AER suspension, which we believe to be the best air-sprung fork on the market, for the MXR for a significant weight savings and infinite tunability. The MXR also features an upgraded rear shock with improved valving and linkage dynamics, and additional weight savings from the short-body reservoir.
- Brembo S.P.A. is the gold standard for high performance brake systems on motorcycles. Founded in 1961, the Italian company produces a range of products that can be found on motorcycles on the street and the trail. The Redshift MXR employs cast and machined Brembo calipers.
- Warp 9 Racing is an American manufacturer of high performance motorcycle wheels. In a short amount of time Warp 9 Racing has gone from a boutique upstart to an OE supplier, offering some of the highest quality wheels on the market. We chose to work with Warp 9 Racing because their wheels are produced here in the US, and their exacting demands for quality and performance match our own.
- Power: 50 HP
- Torque: 42 lb-ft Wheel
- Motor: High Speed PMAC
- Transmission: 1 Speed
- Gear Ratio: 3.53 : 1
- Major Maintenance Cycle: 1000 Hours
- Sprockets: 12F / 53R
- Type: Waterproof Li-Ion 350v
- Capacity: 5.8kWh
- Charger: 2.7kW or 3.3kW Offboard
- Recharge Time: 1.5 hrs(240v - Rapid) 3 hrs(120v - Standard)
- Electronics: Alta-Digital, 4 Maps
- Front Fork: WP AER 48 Fully Adjustable
- Rear Shock: WP Alta Custom Spec Fully Adjustable
- Front Brake: Brembo Two Piston 260mm Rotor
- Rear Brake: Brembo Single Piston 220mm Rotor
- Wheels: Warp 9 Elite 21"F / 19"R
- Tires: Dunlop Geomax MX3S
- Frame: Forged & Welded Aluminum
- Swingarm: Permanent Mold Aircraft Aluminum
- Wet Weight: 259 lbs
- Wheelbase: 59"
- Seat Height: 37.5"
- Rake: 26.8°
- Adjustable Offset: 18/22mm
- Warranty: 12 Months*
- Engine Type
- High Speed PMAC
- Front Suspension
- WP AER 48 Fully Adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Brembo Two Piston 260mm Rotor
- Front Tire
- Dunlop Geomax MX3S
- Rear Suspension
- WP Alta Custom Spec Fully Adjustable
- Rear Brakes
- Brembo Single Piston 220mm Rotor
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop Geomax MX3S
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 259 lb.
- 59 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.5 in.
- 26.8 deg.
- 1 Speed
- 12 Months