Inventory Unit Detail | KTM | Husqvarna Motorcycles | Arctic Cat | EZGO | Suzuki |
2018 KTM 690 DUKE
Lightweight, TONS of Power and Optional Tech Packages for easy Customization
The Edge Powersports is the region's top dealer for KTM, Husqvarna, Suzuki, Alta Electric Motorcycles, Arctic Cat, Textron Off Road, and Cobra Motorcycles. The Edge provides the community with race and ride programs for snowmobiles, UTVs, ATVs, and motorcycles. Come in today and we will help you ride out on your next adventure.
Two decades ago, the original Duke was nothing short of revolutionary. KTM’s first single-cylinder street bike grew into a cult classic, adding extreme fun to a raw and radical concept. Today’s 690 DUKE stays faithful to its ancestor’s ways, but adds future-proof refinements: impressive smoothness, sophisticated electronics, improved ergonomics and tons of grunt. This firmly cements the world’s strongest single-cylinder production motorcycle at the cutting edge of engineering. Long live the Duke!
- The brilliant LC4 showcases twenty-four carats of fun. With its powerful, lightweight single combined with a sophisticated electronic engine management , dual-spark ignition with plug-selective mappings and a second balancer shaft, the results are top refinement, a wide powerband and a full 54 kW (73 hp) of peak power.
- Engine: From the trademark 690 cm³ thumper, the engineers have extracted a whopping 73 hp (54 kW) and 74 Nm of torque, making light work of the equally lightweight 690 Duke. How it happened? They completely reworked the cylinder head, inserted an ultra light and extremely strong piston and connection rod, rerouted the air intake through a resonator chamber and provided the crankshaft with sleeve bearings. As a result, the powerband is a thousand rpm wider, which means an even more uniform power delivery, especially in the mid to high rev range. Twin ignition featuring plug-selective mapping, rock solid but featherweight internals and optimized intake and exhaust systems cultivate this massive mono to be as strong as it is smooth, assisted by an advanced ride-by-wire system, which guarantees great refinement as well as low fuel consumption and emission figures. You’re green, while they’re green with envy. And you haven’t even begun mentioning upmarket goodies like a standard slipper clutch.
- Cylinder head: Inside the cylinder head, the exhaust valves are actuated by roller rockers while the camshaft powers the intake valves. Therefore, the valve timings can be controlled with far greater accuracy. The result is more peak power over a broader rev range. Win-win!
- Second balancer shaft: In a free-revving firecracker like this, you want to smooth things out a bit. That’s why the LC4 serves a bonus balancer shaft, nipping annoying vibrations in the bud.
- Engine management: The electronic engine management system lives to make the LC4 shine. Twin ignition with individual mappings for each spark plug ensures that your precious fuel is always burned to perfection, irrespective of load and engine speed. And then there is genuine ride-by-wire, in other words: Electronically controlled throttle valve actuation without any mechanical linkage. You’d be forgiven for thinking it runs on cream. Whipped cream, that is.
- A2 allowed: A restricted power version is available for those riders who have just started their two-wheeled career. But restricted power doesn´t necessary mean restricted fun: thanks to its lightweight and dynamic chassis, the KTM 690 Duke is the perfect playmate for all ages. Regardless of your experience level, the 690 Duke is your license to thrill.
- Exhaust: Thanks to its optimized intake and exhaust system, the LC4 engine even complies with the Euro IV emission control standards. A first in KTM’s history.
- Mass centralization: The Duke does not only impress with its low weight and perfect chassis geometry; the centralization of weight - for example, by positioning the brushed stainless steel pre-silencer under the engine - also contributes to its playful handling and razor-sharp precision.
- The 9 kg tubular trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel and the equally lightweight, smoking hot swingarm, die-cast in aluminum, impress with extreme levels of torsional stiffness, providing the 148.5 kg Duke with excellent tracking stability and a continuous flow of information to the rider. Triple clamps lower the fork offset, which underlines this characteristic even further. You’ll notice.
- Suspension: The upside-down fork on the Duke (with a 43 mm diameter) and pivot-arm articulated pressurized-gas monoshock, both by WP, excel with flawless tuning and a broad spectrum of use for all demands, from relaxed cruising to hammering around on closed circuits. The options are limitless, and so is your lean angle.
- Wheels: Grippy Metzeler M7 RR tires in the sizes 120/70 front and 160/60 rear, of course fitted on bright orange rims.
- Brakes: The Duke's extremely powerful, precise and easily applied Brembo® brakes impress with outstanding controllability. At the front wheel, a radially-mounted, four-piston, fixed brake caliper bites onto a floating 320 mm disc. Thanks to a forgiving setup of the two-channel ABS, the huge potential of these brakes can always be fully utilized.
- Despite its pronounced lust for cornering, the 690 Duke also presents versatile real-world capabilities. On a daily basis, particularly the two-piece seat will prove a valuable friend. It’s comfortable and spacious, while still being set up for all dynamic riding situations. The seating position and freedom of movement behind the wide aluminum handlebar provide perfect support for controlling the bike both in traffic hell as well as cornering heaven. Workday commute or weekend blast: the 690 Duke has your back.
- If the LED indicators, state-of-the-art finishing and DUKE genes didn’t already convey the message, the intense orange rims together with the new color and graphics will make sure your ride stands out from the crowd. Which it deserves.
- TFT color display: A multicolor combination of relevant information, presented in a clear-cut, uncluttered way. This shot of data of course includes speed, revs and the current gear, but you’ll also find coolant temperature, fuel status, time, date and ambient temperature on there. As you rev the engine, the display bars even change color, either spurring you on or telling you to back off when the engine’s still cold. The display also automatically adapts its illumination to the ambient light. Furthermore, you can access an overview of the selected riding options and adjust them on the go via four illuminated keys on the left handlebar. Knowledge is power, right?
- Premium looks: The 2018 Duke is instantly recognizable by its fresh colors with new, racy graphics and a jet-black frame. Because looks matter, don’t they?
- The variety of the the high-end technical implementation reflects the high quality standards of the KTM 690 DUKE.
- ABS: The dual-circuit ABS system with 9M+ modulator, fine-tuned in cooperation with Bosch, offers total protection against over-braking, while maintaining the full effect and glorious feedback of a genuine sports brake thanks to hypersensitive sensors. This ABS system, weighing no more than one kilogram, therefore allows extremely sporty braking, while actively preventing loop-outs. And just so you know: It’s disengageable. So stoppies are still allowed.
- KTM know its customers like to modify and to travel, which is why the PowerParts range boasts a huge variety of accessories and luggage options across its Street range of sportmotorcycles – past and present. All PowerParts are developed alongside their chosen machine, meaning that KTM riders only get parts that perfectly complement their ride and provide that important ‘factory fit’ straight from the dealer.
- Frame design: Chromium-Molybdenum steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Front suspension: WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with Pro-Lever linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 5.31 in.
- Front brake disc diameter: 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 240 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9M+ two-channel ABS (disengageable, optional Supermoto mode)
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 63.5 deg.
- Seat height: 32.87 in.
- dry weight: 327.38
- Tank capacity (approx.): 3.7
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 690 cm³
- Bore: 105 mm
- Stroke: 80 mm
- Power in KW: 54 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 2 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 36:79
- Secondary gear ratio: 16:40
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: APTC(TM) slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 690 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 105 x 80 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with Pro-Lever linkage
- Seat Height
- 32.87 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 327.38 lb.