Inventory Unit Detail
2018 KTM Duke - 390
One for All
The KTM 390 DUKE breathes life into values that have made motorcycling so amazing for decades. It combines maximum riding pleasure with optimum user value and comes out on top wherever nimble handling counts. Light as a feather, powerful and packed with state-of-the-art technology, it guarantees a thrilling ride, whether you're in the urban jungle or a forest of bends. 390 DUKE – nowhere you will find more motorcycle per euro.
- The KTM 390 DUKE's state-of-the-art, single-cylinder engine with twin overhead camshafts once again underlines KTM's development strength.
- Engine: The KTM 390 DUKE's state-of-the-art, single-cylinder engine with twin overhead camshafts once again underlines KTM's development strength.
- Power & Torque: A bike as compact and nimble as this one, deserves to pack a solid punch. With 32 kW (44 hp) and a dry weight of just 149 kg, we did it justice. Thanks to the ingenious intake and exhaust system, the 46 mm throttle body and the meticulous fuel injection system, this strong stroker is ready to leave the rest of the traffic behind at the twist of your wrist.
- Slipper clutch: Not only does the slipper clutch open when the engine back-torque becomes too high, it also assists when you open up the throttle. The former prevents annoying rear wheel chatter when braking sharply or decelerating – and gives the wheel just that bit of braking for a controlled rear wheel slide. The latter allows the clutch to be pulled and controlled with just one trigger-happy finger – which saves energy when riding.
- Ride-by-wire: It’s the guarantee of a smooth throttle response, more than simply the absence of a throttle cable. The 390 DUKE’s ride by wire ensures perfect application of the readily available and plentiful torque. It also electronically translates the throttle commands of the rider into throttle valve positions perfectly suited to the riding conditions.
- Cylinder head: Exactly like they do in the 1290 SUPER DUKE R, the four valves in the cylinder head of the 390 DUKE are actuated by two overhead camshafts and ultra hard, carbon coated cam followers, providing reliability and longevity despite the engine’s high power output.
- Injection: The intricate engine design, state-of-the-art injection electronics and the close-ratio, 6-speed transmission not only help the KTM 390 DUKE to achieve impressive performance, but also extremely low fuel consumption. At the same time, thanks to the regulated catalytic converter, it produces only minimal emissions.
- A2 license: The KTM 390 DUKE matches all the A2 driver´s license requirements and thanks to its high power-to-weight ratio, it’s one of the most dynamic options out there for new riders.
- Exhaust: In order to meet the latest Euro 4 emission restrictions and sound regulations, the 390 DUKE is equipped with a side exhaust, including link pipe and silencer.
- The KTM 390 DUKE’s state-of-the-art chassis, with its characteristic, lightweight steel trellis frame, turns this bike into a real surfer through the bends. Masses grouped close to the center of gravity maximize maneuverability and precision – and prepare the 390 DUKE to win the rush hour slalom day in, day out.
- Upside-Down Fork: The KTM 390 DUKE's high-quality upside-down fork from WP Suspension uses the latest open-cartridge technology, which offers impressive advantages because of its easy maintenance, simplicity and small amount of components. Therefore, it’s lightweight, rugged and has a broad spectrum of use for all demands, from relaxed cruising to hammering around on closed circuits.
- Shock Absorber: Thanks to its progressive spring, you get maximum feedback wherever you take this jack-of-all-trades. The preload is adjustable, so you can count on well-balanced suspension whether you’re riding solo or two-up, with or without luggage.
- Wheels: Equally lightweight and delicate as they are stable, the 17 inch cast light alloy wheels are fitted with tires from the world’s best suppliers. They are 110 mm wide at the front and an impressive 150 mm at the rear. The tires are selected on the basis of their high grip levels in both wet and dry conditions, as well as their ability to provide supreme durability.
- Brakes: A state-of-the-art 2-channel Bosch ABS helps you get the most out of the impressive DUKE dynamics and adds the finishing touch to its peerless chassis qualities. The ABS on the KTM 390 DUKE monitors the effect of the potent brake system with radially-bolted, 4-piston caliper and 320 mm disc diameter - fun with no regrets. And for the stunt riders among us: The ABS is disengageable.
- Fuel tank: The 13,4 l steel fuel tank not only provides the rider with perfect knee contact, but also with a long range. Even when you ride as fast as you dare, thanks to its economical engine.
- This is not a toy bike. It is a genuine motorcycle. The KTM 390 DUKE provides plenty of space and freedom of movement and has a knack for relaxed touring, alone or two-up, as well as committed cornering. Unsurpassed operability and large contact surfaces ensure optimum control and maximum feedback, while the upright, relaxed seating position provides a perfect overview all day long.
- Seats: For all its sports appearance, the two-piece seat provides surprising long-distance comfort, perfect support and first-class ergonomics for both rider and pillion. The seat height is low enough for a secure standing position, but also tall enough for sports-oriented riding and delivering that genuine big-bike feel.
- Hand levers: The clutch and break lever are adjustable in order to match the needs of any rider's hand type.
- At first you notice that LED headlight. That aggressive front. That predatory stance. When you come closer, you feel its steel fuel tank and various high-quality cast parts. In the end you realize that the design and production standards of this bike were set sky-high. Just like the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, who’s little brother this bike is very proud to be. Or is it the other way around?
- TFT color display: As an absolute first in its class, the 390 DUKE boasts a glorious TFT display. This multicolor combination of relevant information presents all relevant data in a clear-cut, uncluttered way. As you rev the engine, the display bars change color, either spurring you on or telling you to back off when the engine’s still cold. The display also automatically adapts its illumination to the ambient light.
- LED Headlight: Form and function are integrated beautifully in the 390 DUKE. Take the LED headlight for example, a highlight in this bike’s design and a clear referral to the 1290 SUPER DUKE R. It combines optimal illumination of the near field with maximum light output. And the parking light, which consists of 20 LEDs, ensures that the motorcycle is perceived better and is more differentiated by other traffic users, thus offering massive safety benefits.
- Menu Switch: Different modes for the various assistance systems can be selected using an illuminated menu switch on the left side of the handlebar. It's very simple and intuitive: "up" and "down" through the menu selection, select the desired menu item with the right button or go a step back with the left. Job done. Race on.
- Highly sophisticated electronics are wrapped around this 390 DUKE. The variety of the the high-end technical implementation reflects the high quality standards of the KTM 390 DUKE.
- ABS: The dual-circuit ABS system with 9M+ modulator, fine-tuned in cooperation with Bosch, offers total protection against over-braking, while maintaining the full effect and glorious feedback of a genuine sports brake thanks to hypersensitive sensors. This ABS system, weighing no more than one kilogram, therefore allows extremely sporty braking, while actively preventing loop-outs. And just so you know: It’s disengageable. So stoppies are still allowed.
- Supermoto mode: Expert riders will love the added fun-factor (and extra racetrack safety) of this mode, activated at the push of a button. When engaged, the system will only control the front brake. Rear brake pressure is entirely up to the rider’s right foot. And its party mood.
- KTM MY RIDE: A smartphone can be tethered to the bike, giving you full control over incoming calls and an audio player. All the information pops up on the bike´s display as you manage this optional extra with the menu switch, keeping your hands where they belong. On the handlebar.
- KTM know its customers like to modify and to travel, which is why the PowerParts range boasts a huge variety of accessories and luggage options across its Street range of sportmotorcycles – past and present. All PowerParts are developed alongside their chosen machine, meaning that KTM riders only get parts that perfectly complement their ride and provide that important ‘factory fit’ straight from the dealer.
- Frame design: Steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Front suspension: WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension: WP monoshock
- Suspension travel (front): 5.59 in.
- Front brake disc diameter: 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 230 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9MP two-channel ABS (incl. Supermoto mode, disengageable)
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 65 deg.
- Seat height: 32.68 in.
- dry weight: 328.49
- Tank capacity (approx.): 3.54
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 373.2 cm³
- Bore: 89 mm
- Stroke: 60 mm
- Power in KW: 32 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 30:80
- Secondary gear ratio: 15:45
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: PASC™ antihopping clutch, mechanically operated
- EMS: Bosch EMS
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 373.2 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 89 x 60 mm
- Fuel System
- Bosch EMS
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock
- Seat Height
- 32.68 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.54 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 328.49 lb.