Inventory Unit Detail | KTM | Husqvarna Motorcycles | Arctic Cat | EZGO | Suzuki |
2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles FS450
Slide into the future on the Husqvarna Motorcycles new generation FS 450, with the most advanced production 450cc single engine yet. Featuring modern bodywork, a stylish Swedish design and ergonomics tailored to deliver greater control and comfort, finding your limit on the track has never been easier. Benefiting from high-tech engineering techniques, the compact 63-HP 450cc engine's improved architecture results in sharpened handling and manoeuvrability, instilling confidence in the rider.
- Powerful Engine: A new SOHC cylinder head makes for a more compact design, while being 15 mm lower and 500 g lighter. As a result, the camshaft is now closer to the centre of gravity, significantly improving handling while shorter valve timing improves bottom end performance and responsiveness from the 63 hp powerplant.
- Gearbox: A new lightweight 5-speed gearbox produced by PANKL Racing Systems ensures the highest level of durability and reliability. The gear lever also features a unique design that prevents dirt build-up and keeps the lever tip in its original position, even in the toughest conditions, while an advanced gear sensor selects the ideal engine map for each gear.
- Lightweight Frame: Hydroformed, laser cut and robot-welded, the frames featured in Husqvarna Motorcycles are expertly engineered with calculated parameters of flex. As such, the frame features an increase in longitudinal rigidity resulting in improved rider feedback, energy absorption and straight-line stability. Additionally, the 4-stroke frame now features new brackets for mounting the skid plate available in the accessories catalogue.
- Carbon Subframe: The composite subframe is a design unique to Husqvarna Motorcycles, which showcases pioneering technologies and innovation. Using 70% polyamide and 30% carbon fibre, the new 2-piece subframe design saves 250 g for a total weight at just over 1 kg. Apart from being robust, specific care is taken to create the perfect rigidity for optimal handling and rider comfort.
- Crankshaft: The crankshaft is specifically positioned to harness the rotating mass in the ideal centre of gravity resulting in a lightweight and agile handling feel. As such, the inertia produced by the crankshaft is carefully calculated to deliver optimal traction and rideability from the powerful 450cc plant. A plain big end bearing comprising of two force-fitted bearing shells ensure maximum reliability and durability, guaranteeing long service intervals of 100 hours.
- CNC Machined Triple Clamps: Due to the increased longitudinal rigidity of the main frame, the 16mm offset cnc machined upper triple clamp is now stiffer and works in harmony with the front forks, offering superior handling and stability. A 3-way handlebar adjustment is standard and allows for customisable ergonomics.
- Magura Hydraulic Clutch: The reliable, high quality, German-made clutch system guarantees even wear, near maintenance-free operation and perfect modulation in every condition. Meaning that play is constantly compensated so that the pressure point and function of the clutch remain identical in hot or cold conditions, as well as over time.
- Anti Hopping Clutch: The SUTER anti hopping clutch prevents rear wheel instability and hopping when braking hard into the apex of a turn, for maximum control and perfect supermoto-style drifting.
- Functional Bodywork: Modern and functional bodywork with traditional Husqvarna blue and yellow accents mark a simplistic yet stylish Swedish design. The ergonomics are tailored to deliver greater control and comfort, enabling riders to perform at the highest level for extended periods of time. The seat has a low-profile and a high-grip cover for superior comfort and control in all conditions.
- WP Suspension: The 48-mm split air fork features a capsuled air spring and pressurised oil chamber for progressive and consistent damping. The component is easily adjustable via a single air pressure valve for pre-load (on the left leg) and easy access clickers adjusting damping with 30 clicks (on the right leg). Additionally, the air pump needed to adjust air pressure in the fork is provided as standard. The high performance rear shock made by WP features 266 mm travel and is adjustable in rebound and high/low speed compression, guaranteeing excellent stability and world class damping.
- Brakes: Exceptional stopping power guaranteed by Brembo brakes, featuring a 4-piston radially mounted calliper and pump in combination with a 310 mm disc at the front. A single piston calliper and a 220-mm disc are fitted to the rear. The perfectly placed controls allow for optimal feel and balance under extreme conditions.
- Wheels And Tyres: Alpina spoked wheels on the front and rear respectively, are lightweight and strong. They are complemented by Bridgestone 125/80 R420 and 165/65 R420 slick tyres for maximum grip, traction, and agility.
- Map Switch: Optimised for easy operation, the map switch can select between two engine maps, activate launch control and operate a traction control feature. Launch control limits the amount of power to the rear wheel, improving traction and preventing loss of control under hard acceleration at the start. Traction control can be selected to an on or off position from the switch and functions by analysing throttle input from the rider and the rate at which RPM increases in the engine. If the RPM increases too quickly, the EMS registers a loss of grip and reduces the amount of power to the rear wheel ensuring maximum traction.
- Engine Management System: The Keihin EMS is designed to be smaller, lighter, and faster at processing data. It integrates launch control for perfect starts, selectable engine maps via the switch on the handlebar and traction control. Combined with the new gear sensor, power delivery is tailored for each gear.
- 44 mm Throttle Body: The FS 450 features a 44 mm Keihin throttle body. The injector is precisely positioned to ensure the most efficient flow of fuel into the combustion chamber. To ensure optimal throttle response, the throttle cable is mounted directly without a throttle linkage providing more immediate throttle response and feeling.
- Electric Start And Li-Ion Battery: The FS 450 features an electric starting system which uses a compact Li-Ion battery which is 1 kg lighter than a conventional battery. The wiring harness is designed so that the rear subframe can be removed without having to remove any wiring.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Suter slipper clutch, Magura Hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 310 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.9 cm³
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake