Inventory Unit Detail
2019 KTM 450 XC-F
2019 KTM 450 XC-F (20)
Powerful 63HP complimented by an overall weight of 223lbs....This bike can do it all.
Dont forget the industries first Traction Control.....yes...Traction Control!!!
Come in today or simply call and learn more about this bike and the entire KTM line-up
The Edge Powersports is the region's top dealer for KTM, Husqvarna, Suzuki, Alta Electric Motorcycles, Arctic Cat, Textron Off Road, and Cobra Motorcycles. The Edge provides the community with race and ride programs for snowmobiles, UTVs, ATVs, and motorcycles. Come in today and we will help you ride out on your next adventure.
Holeshot Bragging Rights: If maximum power is required, there is no other way but the 450 XC-F. The compact SOHC (single overhead camshaft) engine delivers explosive but controllable power and shares 95 % of its parts with the championship winning 450 SX-F.
- The hugely successful KTM 450 XC-F powerhouse has extremely compact dimensions, strong performance throughout the rev range and a low weight; this is the lightest 450 engine on the market. But that doesn't mean it's not a heavyweight in terms of muscle. Fitted with a single overhead camshaft cylinder head and the latest electronic fuel injection, it pumps out unrivaled horsepower. With KTM's engineers working tirelessly to increase the ultimate READY TO RACE machine, this powerhouse has the latest engine management technology on board and confidently shoots both amateurs and pros to the top of their time sheets.
- Cylinder head: Inside the SOHC cylinder head, an overhead camshaft controls four ultra-lightweight titanium valves via extremely rigid rocker arms, which are DLC-coated on the intake side. A configuration like this allows engine speeds of up to 11,500rpm; a baffling figure for a large displacement thumper. Lateral brackets made of aluminum allow an efficient fixation of the engine to the frame and contribute to the bike's featherweight feel.
- Crankshaft: The KTM 450 XC-F's crankshaft utilizes a short connecting rod, which makes for an overall compact and lightweight engine with a snappy power delivery. A plain big (bottom) end bearing with two force-fitted bearing shells runs directly on the crank pin. The necessary oil feed for this bearing is ensured by the engine's pressurized lubrication. This design is a decisive benefit in terms of the crankshaft service interval, which can be lengthened due to the plain bearing. So just pin it, all day long.
- Crankcases and engine covers: The design of the die-cast crankcases allows for minimal weight and a very centralized shaft configuration. This makes the engine short and compact, while contributing to an efficient centralization of masses. The engine covers also feature a solid surface structure, which reduces the wear caused by the rider's boots. This way, your SX-F will keep looking better longer.
- Transmission: The KTM 450 XC-F uses a lightweight 5-speed transmission with gear ratios that are perfectly matched to the power delivery of its large displacement engine. The 1st and 3rd gears are treated with a special surface coating for better reliability. An advanced ´No Dirt´ gear shift lever design prevents mud and sand from blocking the joint of the lever and guarantees trouble-free shifting. All 4-stroke engines are fitted with a gear position sensor, giving the option of different engine characteristics for each gear. For 2018, the transmission shaft gets a stronger shifting star and a C4 bearing that has a bigger overlap in the case. This guarantees better reliability even in extremely tough operating conditions.
- Engine management system: The state-of-the-art Keihin engine management system with electronic fuel injection features a 44mm throttle body. Thanks to its unique injector position, the engine's response is instantaneous. And to make life even easier, separate systems for cold starts and idle adjustment await you. The lightweight control unit features a unique traction and launch control system for lightning-quick response when the gate drops and maximum grip thanks to different maps that sync with to the gear you're in. It's also possible to unleash an even more powerful mapping via the handlebar map select switch.
- Cylinder and piston: Inside the short cylinder, with a bore of 95mm, thumps a box-type piston made by CP. Its crown geometry is adapted perfectly to the high-compression combustion chamber, where its rigid structure and low weight shine. Thanks to the low oscillating masses, the engine is as snappy as it is strong.
- Clutch: The KTM 450 XC-F employs the KTM-developed DDS clutch (damped diaphragm steel) with a robust steel basket, extremely heat resistant clutch plates and new, nitrated steel liners reducing the wear. This clever design employs a diaphragm spring instead of the usual coil springs, making for considerably easier clutch action. A diaphragm spring also leaves sufficient space for a damping system to be integrated into the clutch hub. The goal is traction, but durability is as well. Light operation and telepathic amounts of control are standard with this hydraulic Brembo actuated clutch.
- Balancer shaft: The side-mounted balancer shaft does double duty also driving the water pump. Thanks to its perfect balance and low oscillating masses, engine vibration is kept to a minimum.
- E-Starter: Like all KTM 4-stroke motorcycles, the KTM 450 SX-F is started at the push of a button - a priceless advantage when you're on the clock.
- Cooling: KTM's proven cooling system routes the coolant from the cylinder head through the frame triangle, directly to aluminum radiators made by WP. Thanks to flow optimized internal circulation and CFD-calculated ventilation, the system is superbly efficient. In addition, new radiator protections improve heat dissipation. Especially in the mud. They are also integrated into the front part of the shrouds to protect the radiators in a crash.
- KTM engineers just love dropping weight year after year. The result: the 2018 KTM XC models are the slimmest, lightest dirt bikes out there. Even though the 4-strokes are equipped with an E-starter as a standard feature, while the heavier competition still needs to be kickstarted. You can just focus on kicking ass.
- Frame: The high-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame has a knack for easy handling, outlandish rideability, precise cornering and excellent stability. You can also count on high torsional rigidity and low longitudinal stiffness. This results in better absorption of the energy created from the front and rear suspension, sucking up jumps and bumps. In short: more comfort and less rider fatigue. Laterally attached, lightweight aluminum engine head stays (the connection between cylinder head and frame) contribute to more precise cornering and a reduced vibration level. The engineers were able to pull off all that, while making their frame 2.2 pounds lighter than that of the lightest competitor on the market. In addition, it is easier to maintain, easier to work on and supplies more space for the tank and other components. The bike also features an extra-light subframe made of aluminum, which tips the scales at less than 2 pounds.
- Swingarm: The cast aluminum design offers low weight and a perfect flex behavior. The single-component casting process eliminates any inconsistencies and inherent weak points created by welding. It's better looking too.
- Wheels: The 450 XC-F is fitted with lightweight, CNC-machined hubs, high-end Giant rims and black spokes with lightweight aluminum nipples providing maximum stability at minimum weight. The latest Dunlop Geomax AT81 tires guarantee perfect traction and outstanding performance.
- Front suspension: The lightweight WP AER 48 front fork, a 48mm USD air-sprung fork developed by WP in close collaboration with KTM, is a split fork with separate functions for each leg. That means damping functions are on the right side, whereas the air spring is in the left. This left leg features a 2-chamber system with a capsuled air cartridge to prevent loss of air pressure. Should the outer seal start to leak, the internal cartridge pressure will keep the bike in position. The air spring is easy to adjust to any rider weight via a single air valve. No extra special tools are required; the fork air pump is supplied with the bike. The right fork leg integrates a damping cartridge that tailors to all your damping needs. It can be adjusted to the track conditions and the rider's preferences with a twist of a dial (compression from the top, rebound from the bottom, 30 clicks each). Right off the dealer floor, this fork (with reworked damping characteristics) is more comfortable and more sensitive than ever. But you can still hammer the hell out of it.
- Rear suspension: The WP shock absorber has been developed with the entire frame and swingarm architecture in mind, including the linkage system and the WP AER 48 front forks. It features machined and black anodized components and is a valuable, high-end product compared to roughcast reservoirs. A new, confidence inspiring setting with improved damping characteristics perfectly matches the front-end set-up and its WP color scheme lets everyone know you have excellent taste in suspension.
- Triple clamp: Top quality, CNC machined triple clamps have been a KTM trademark for years to ensure precise handling. The rubber damped handlebar fixation allows for two positions and an hourmeter is fitted in order to let the rider know it's time for a service.
- Brakes: These high-tech Brembo babies are combined with lightweight Wave brake discs. You couldn't brake any harder, better, faster or stronger
- Fuel tank: All XC-F models have new lightweight polyethylene tanks fitted with an integrated fuel pump system and capacity of 2.25 gallons. Inside threads on the filler cap make for an easy and reliable closure.
- Airbox: The air filter box design offers maximum protection of the air filter against soiling, while ensuring maximum airflow. The large Twin Air filter is mounted in a stiff cage, which at the same time holds the system in place. This design is so simple, you could still pop a fresh one in with a face full of mud. Without tools. In seconds.
- READY TO RACE ergonomics give you the edge on all terrain, ride harder for longer.
- Handlebar: KTM engineers sure know how to handle handlebars. This tapered one, made of high-strength aluminum, is fixed in damped rubber mounts and has two different positions. ODI lock-on grips make grip changes easy and do not require any wire or glue to be secured.
- Footpegs: Sophisticated ´No Dirt´ footpegs prevent clogging of the footpeg pivot, even when digging in deep ruts. Looking for a higher riding position? Then just mount the footpegs of the 2018 EXC models, which are 6mm higher than the SX versions.
- Seat: Ergonomically perfect, the seat has a high foam volume, which offers great comfort and durability, while keeping the weight low.
- KTM R&D, KISKA Design and all our factory riders had their say in shaping the plastics with one goal: complete harmony between rider and bike. Perfect ergonomics and contact points provide maximum comfort in movement on the XC-F. The I-beam structures of the front and rear fenders guarantee maximum stability and a low weight thanks to well thought-out construction and mounting. They also stay cleaner for longer.
- Decals: A new, tailor-made kit and a Factory orange frame. Because in this sport, champs deserve to look the part regardless of the dirt.
- The latest technology, reduced to the minimum: READY TO RACE
- Battery & wiring harness: A strong new lithium ion battery breathes life into the engine and contributes to low vehicle weight. The lightweight battery and wiring harness are centralized in a compartment above the air filter box, allowing the mechanic to remove the subframe without moving the electronics. A happy mechanic is a good mechanic.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke
- 449.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 mm x 63.4 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.