Inventory Unit Detail | KTM | Husqvarna Motorcycles | Arctic Cat | EZGO | Suzuki |
2019 KTM 50 SX - DEMO
Never Too Young To Learn: The KTM 50 SX is a true KTM for young MX riders that are . It is a genuine dirt bike that, like its bigger siblings, is produced with top-quality components. This makes the KTM 50 SX the first choice as a stepping stone into the world of MX or for the first racing step on the ladder. With the youngster in mind this package has an engine that delivers steady, controllable power, incorporating an automatic clutch that is ideal for novice riders. This model features revolutionary WP AER 35 front fork, fully adjustable rear suspension, ultra cool graphics and the ability to make going fast, fun.
- The high performance cylinder sets in conjunction with the pipe and reed intake system the performance standard within the highly competitive 50cc class.
- Clutch: Developed by KTM, the centrifugal multi-disc automatic clutch provides manageable acceleration and makes riding this motorcycle the easiest thing in the world. It can be adjusted to the specific requirements of the track and the rider in minutes and without any special tools.
- Power reduction kit: For absolute beginners the engine power can be reduced to a moderate 5.5hp using a kit from the PowerParts catalog.
- Cooling: Like the big KTM bikes, the 50 SX has a liquid cooling system, which even cools the crankcase. Generously sized radiators ensure outstanding heat dissipation for high reliability, even under extremely heavy duty.
- Exhaust: A newly developed exhaust pipe provides a higher output and a smoother power delivery over the entire rev range, making the new 50 SX even more competitive than before.
- KTM engineers just love dropping weight year after year. The result: the 2019 KTM SX models are the slimmest, lightest dirt bikes out there.
- Frame: The modern frame produced by WP Performance Systems is made of lightweight, high strength chromoly steel profiles and combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, but also outstanding stability.
- Wheels: Like the big KTM factory racers, the 50 SX has super lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims providing highest strength and safety. The OEM knobbly MAXXIS tires grip superbly on any surface.
- Front suspension: The new 50 SX is the first model in its class fitted with a modern, fully adjustable air fork: the AER 35, made by WP Suspension. Beside a massive weight reduction of 1.6 pounds, the newly developed upside-down front forks with 35mm tube diameter and 205mm of travel ensure outstanding comfort, damping characteristics and directional stability. Another main benefit for junior riders is that the air spring fitted in the left fork leg can be adjusted perfectly and simply to the rider's weight just with an air fork pump.
- Rear suspension: On the rear wheel a WP shock absorber linked directly to the swingarm provides excellent damping performance and is fully adjustable in order set the damping perfectly to rider's preferences and track conditions. The rear wheel travel is 185mm.
- Brakes: The KTM 50 SX is fitted with front and rear hydraulic brakes by Formula combined with lightweight Wave brake discs that are easy to control even for the youngest riders. This ensures the best deceleration and the highest standard in the mini class.
- READY TO RACE ergonomics give you the edge on the track, ride harder for longer.
- Handlebar: Made of high quality aluminum alloy, the handlebar offers top stability and leverage for smaller riders.
- The bodywork is derived from the full-size SX models and provides perfect ergonomics, well thought-out contact points for the rider and maximum freedom of movement. In addition, smart design solutions for the new front and rear fenders are prime examples of an intelligent design, which guarantees maximum stability through a well thought-out structure and mounting.
- Decals: The 2019 SX models feature the latest in-mold graphics, matching the factory-look orange frames and new bodywork perfectly. They have a fast and aggressive style that screams READY TO RACE, leaving no doubt as to the bikes' high-performance intentions.
- The latest technology, reduced to the minimum: READY TO RACE
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 49 cm³
- Stroke: 40 mm
- Bore: 39.5 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: Single speed transmission
- Clutch: Centrifugal clutch (adjustable)
- EMS: Seletra 2p D36
- Frame design: Central-tube frame with double-cradle
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 35, Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension: WP monoshock
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16"
- Steering head angle: 66 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke
- 49 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 39.5 mm x 40 mm
- Fuel System
- Seletra 2p D36
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 35, Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Single speed transmission
- Final Drive
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/16 in.