Inventory Unit Detail
2019 KTM EXC - 450 F Six Days
Six Days, Six Wins: KTM celebrates its prowess in the world of offroad racing with the 450 EXC-F SIX DAYS. Built to perform under the toughest race conditions like those found at the Chilean ISDE, and boasting componentry, it is well-equipped to take on anything thrown at it.
- The hugely successful KTM 450 EXC-F power plant has kept its key ingredients the same for 2019 - compact dimensions, relentless performance throughout the rev range and low weight. Fitted with a single overhead-camshaft cylinder head and the latest electronic fuel injection, it churns out horsepower in line with what you'd expect from a pure-bred factory race weapon.
- Engine management system: The state-of-the-art Keihin Engine Management System with electronic fuel injection features an all-new 42mm throttle body. Thanks to its unique injector position, the engine's response gives a whole new meaning to the word ‘instantaneous'. And to make life even easier, separate systems for cold starts and idle adjustment await you. Push the throttle back when the engine's alive and well, and the cold start mode disengages.
- Just like the rest of its SIX DAYS brethren, the 450 EXC-F SIX DAYS shares a race-winning chassis setup. WP suspension keeps the wheels planted, while weight-saving efforts and performance-orientated materials ensure riders and racers are well-looked after on the trail or on track.
- Frame: The high-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame is engineered for excellent handling, precise cornering and supreme stability. You can also count on high torsional rigidity and low longitudinal stiffness for better absorption of the energy created by the front and rear suspension sucking up jumps and bumps. In short: more comfort and less rider fatigue. Laterally attached, lightweight engine head stays contribute to a reduced vibration level. Two threaded inserts in the lower cradle tubes allow for an optional skid plate. The engineers were able to pull off all that, while making the frame two pounds lighter than that of the lightest competitor on the market. In addition, the frame is easier to maintain, easier to work on and supplies more space for the tank and other components. The bike also features an extra-light aluminum subframe, which weighs in at less than 2 pounds. The orange coating truly makes it stand out; precisely what an engineering masterpiece like this deserves.
- Front suspension: The all-new WP XPlor 48 upside-down fork is a split fork developed by WP in close collaboration with KTM. It is fitted with a spring on both sides but features separated functions for each fork leg: compression damping is fitted on the left side, while rebound is on the right. So the forks can easily be adjusted for compression and rebound with the twist of a dial on the top of the forks. In addition, a longer and sealed hydro-stop guarantees better resistance to bottoming-out. Due to high-quality materials and a state-of-the-art production process, the new XPlor 48 fork - with approx. 300mm of travel - has outstanding response and damping characteristics and is about a half of a pound lighter than its predecessor.
- Triple clamp: All Six Days models are fitted with high-end CNC machined triple clamps anodized in orange with an offset of 22mm, ensuring a solid grip of the fork and precise handling. The handlebar is adjustable forwards and backwards over 4 positions, so the bike will fit you like your favorite gloves.
- Brakes: You can't brake any harder, better, faster or stronger. High-tech Brembo calipers are combined with lightweight wave discs and feature a reduced piston diameter for better modulation. The rear brake now features a 10mm longer brake pedal, and less aggressive brake pads are fitted front and rear. The steel-flex front brake hose gets more efficient protection and there's an integrated channel for the speedo cable. First you outrun them, then you outbrake them.
- Enduro racing is all about tough, technical terrain and fast, wide-open straights. It goes without saying that riders need to be able to move about the bike freely. With that in mind, KTM has ensured that the same READY TO RACE ergonomics of 2018 has been retained for 2019.
- Handlebar: KTM engineers know how to handle handlebars. This tapered unit, made of high-strength aluminum by NEKEN, features a throttle assembly with a robust aluminum body and easy free-play adjustment. An ODI volcanized grip sits on the right, while on the left side of the bar a comfortable ODI lock-on grip requires no glue or wire to secure it. You can retrofit two interchangeable throttle cams, for different response characteristics to suit your specific needs
- Seat: Tailored to meet the needs of the best off-road racers, this durable seat offers great comfort, while being 10mm lower to help you master the most challenging terrain.
- Flying the Chilean colors for 2019, the plastics on the 450 EXC-F SIX DAYS share the same I-beam structure on its front and rear fenders as the rest of the multi-race winning enduro range. This guarantees maximum stability and low weight thanks to well thought-out construction and mounting points.
- Six Days equipment: Six Days seat for improved long-distance comfort, Exclusive Six Days graphics with a striking design, Handlebar with Six Days logo, Machined orange anodized triple clamps for extremely precise fork clamping and optimum fork function, Radiator fan for all 4-stroke models to optimize temperature management in extreme conditions, Floating front brake disc for consistent braking performance in extreme conditions, Solid rear brake disc (no slots/holes) for improved heat resistance and reduced brake pad wear, Orange Anodized Rear Sprocket, Front axle puller for simple front wheel removal, Orange frame, Engine guard for effective engine protection, Orange chain guide
- A state-of-the-art Keihin engine management system with electronic fuel injection features a unique injector position to give instant throttle response a whole new meaning. The on-the-fly engine mapping settings keep the power delivery perfectly mated to every condition.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.3 cm³
- Bore: 95 mm
- Stroke: 63.4 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Rear suspension: WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.5 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke
- 449.3 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 mm x 63.4 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Rear Suspension
- WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake