Inventory Unit Detail | KTM | Husqvarna Motorcycles | Arctic Cat | EZGO | Suzuki |
2019 Suzuki DL650XAAL9
Stock Image: Red
This Suzuki 650 is the Swiss Army Knife of adventure bikes!
Renowned for its versatility, reliability, and value, the V-Strom 650XT Adventure has attracted many riders who use it for touring, commuting, or a fun ride when the spirit moves them. It is a touchstone motorcycle balanced with a natural riding position, comfortable seat, and a flexible engine character that produces stress-free riding during brief daily use or a high-mile adventure. The 2019 V-Strom 650XT Adventure is the newest member of the V-Strom family by marrying the looks of the V-Strom 1000, the tubeless-spoke wheels of the V-Strom 650XT, plus a set of Suzuki side cases, a rugged accessory bar, and a centerstand. Even loaded and ready to travel, this V-Strom boasts strong engine performance and great fuel economy while achieving worldwide emission standards. A number of engineering accomplishments result in low weight and a thin chassis, producing a V-Strom that is more versatile, more controllable, and more accessible to elevate its total performance so it's simply “More V-Strom." And that's what a rider wants: more of a good ride.
- Liquid-cooled, 645cc, 90-degree, V-twin engine delivers strong torque in the low- to mid-rpm range, yet provides a strong rush of high-rpm power that's ideal for any riding mission.
- Suzuki's Advanced Traction Control System*, Easy Start System, Low-RPM Assist feature, plus ABS** technology make a great motorcycle really incredible.
- ADV fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and adjustable windshield, houses a multi-function, illumination-adjustable instrument panel that delivers a wealth of information.
- The strong and light chassis with Suzuki V-Strom side cases that are easy to clip on and off and keeps the motorcycle trim when ready for touring.
- Ready for real adventure, the V-Strom 650XT Adventure has aluminum, spoke-style wheels with tubeless radial dual-sport tires, hand guards, and a protective lower engine cowl.
- Using SV650 engineering, the V-Strom's DOHC, liquid-cooled engine has been tuned to deliver clean, strong power at any rpm.
- Low-friction resin-coated pistons and SCEM-coated cylinders help deliver high mileage for class-leading touring range.
- Engine cover hardware and select other fasteners are of a new design that permits the use of Torx or conventional hex-style tools.
- The sleek 2-into-1 exhaust system routes below the chassis to reduce weight, centralize mass, and provide space for a narrow tail section (and optional luggage).
- The exhaust system has twin catalyzers and employs O2 feedback to the EFI system to produce optimum combustion efficiency and reduce emissions to an incredibly low level.
- The fuel injection system employs Suzuki's innovative SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) on 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by a servo motor for smooth power delivery.
- Ten-hole, long-nose-type fuel injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- Suzuki's patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) stabilizes the engine idle speed and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the V-Strom 650XT Adventure has Suzuki's Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during takeoff and low-speed riding to smooth the power delivery. It also helps reduce the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the updated intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- The engine has dual spark technology heads with two high-energy, slim electrode spark plugs per cylinder, which aid in combustion efficiency and power production.
- The V-Strom 650XT Adventure is equipped with Suzuki's Advanced Traction Control System*, which lets the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are three traction control modes (1, 2, and OFF), and the difference between the modes is their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level, most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is highest sensitivity level, suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features.
- This V-Strom also features the Suzuki Easy Start System, which lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start button without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The compact radiator is flanked by wind-directing plates that enhance cooling efficiency and direct heat out of the side vents away from the rider's legs.
- The six-speed transmission suits sporty rides with tight 1st through 5th gear ratios and a tall top gear (6th gear) for highway cruising.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring drive chain is standard.
- * The traction control system is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Nor can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
- The beak-style fairing, with vertically stacked headlights and new mounting structure, helps the V-Strom 650XT Adventure cut through the wind, protecting the rider in style.
- The three-way height-adjustable windscreen was wind-tunnel tested to reduce wind sounds, buffeting, and rider fatigue.
- The fuel tank has a generous 5.3-gallon capacity but is shaped to be thin at the rear to flow into the slimmer seat, which aids the rider in touching the ground at stops.
- The internal construction and cap of the fuel tank is updated so the gasoline capacity is the same for both the 49-state and California versions.
- The spacious two-up seat combines smooth and slip-resistant surfaces, plus an embossed V-Strom logo.
- Lightweight, rigid twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability.
- Spring-preload-adjustable 43mm front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound damping adjustment and a hand-operated spring preload adjuster.
- Spoke-style wheels with anodized aluminum rims (gold or black) laced with stainless steel spokes absorb shock from irregular road surfaces well and accept tubeless tires.
- Adventure-spec Bridgestone BATTLAX 19-inch front and 17-inch rear tubeless radial tires are mounted to the spoke-style wheels for all-around good performance.
- Front dual 310mm disc brakes and a rear 260mm disc brake deliver controlled stopping power.
- Compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** system monitors wheel speed to match braking to available traction.
- The lightweight resin luggage rack incorporates easy-to-grasp grab bars and aligns with the passenger section of the seat, offering a larger surface for carrying cargo or luggage.
- The V-Strom 650XT Adventure is ready to carry the gear you need with its Suzuki side cases that are keyed to match the motorcycle's ignition key and can be removed and installed in seconds.
- The V-Strom 650XT Adventure also comes with a rugged accessory bar, hand guards, a protective lower engine cowl, and a center stand that makes chain service easy.
- ** Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- The multi-function instrument panel is similar in appearance to the V-Strom 1000 panel but has functions unique to the V-Strom 650XT Adventure.
- The instrument set includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer and control panel.
- LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, traction control modes, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, fuel consumption, fuel gauge, and clock. Switching between readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- LED indicators include an ABS alert and a freeze warning icon, which together with the air temperature display warn of possible icy road conditions.
- Strong three-phase charging system supplies the 10Ah maintenance-free battery for easy starting and additional accessory power. A dedicated accessory fuse is located under the seat.
- The stacked, 65/55-watt halogen headlamps illuminate the road when your ride stretches into night.
- The LED tail and brake light is bright and vibration resistant. The turn signals use bright amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses.
- New hazard warning light feature is added to alert other traffic during emergency parking.
- A handy 12-volt DC accessory outlet is mounted on the inner dash.
- Genuine Suzuki Accessories include matching top cases, low- and high-profile seats, heated grips, high-grip foot rests, and more.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- *The traction control system is not a substitute for the rider's throttle control. It cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when the rider enters a turn and/or applies the brakes. Nor can it prevent the front wheel from losing grip.
- **Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- Engine: 645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC 90°, V-twin
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.2 in. x 2.5 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel System: Suzuki fuel injection, SDTV-equipped
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate type
- Final Drive: Chain, RK 525, 114 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Tokico, 2-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
- Brakes Rear: Nissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped
- Tires Front: 110/80R19 M/C (59V), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 150/70R17 M/C (69V), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 20.0 L (5.3 US gal.)
- Color: Pearl Glacier White
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Spark Plug: NGK MR8E-9
- Headlight: 12V 65W (H9 high-beam) and 12V 55W (H7 low-beam)
- Tail light: LED
- Overall Length: 2275 mm (89.6 in.)
- Overall Width: 910 mm (35.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1405 mm (55.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Seat Height: 835 mm (32.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 216 kg (476 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Extension: Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC 90 deg., V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.2 in. x 2.5 in. (81.0 mm x 62.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Suzuki fuel injection, SDTV-equipped
- Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, RK 525, 114 links
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Tokico, 2-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
- Rear Brakes
- Nissin, 1-piston, single disc, ABS-equipped
- Front Tire
- 110/80R19 M/C (59V), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 150/70R17 M/C (69V), tubeless
- 55.3 in. (1405 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.9 in. (835 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 US gal. (20.0 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 476 lb. (216 kg)
- Pearl Glacier White
- 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty